GW2 Style Features
Share A Look
Create a page to show off your character's outfit! Look pages are sorted into categories for quick
reference and give you a spot to write a description to go with the images. Easily share your look
page's link with friends (or strangers!).
See All The Details
You've asked for it and now its here: look pages now let you share exactly which armor skins and dyes
you are using!
Get Help With A Look
You can flag a look as one that you'd like help with, inviting other users to give you suggestions in
the look's comments. Users will be able to comment on your look even if you don't ask for feedback,
this just lets people know you want help!
Search For Looks
Filters for race, armor type, gender, and color make it easy to find inspiration.
Browse mode adds navigation to the look pages, letting you catch up on looks that are no longer on
the main page. You can also use the key combination Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow Key to navigate.
Browse Armor Sets
Check out our Armor Sets Gallery for a directory of available armor sets
Rate A Look
Look ratings are based on the event medals in GW2. If you think a look is great, award it a gold
See The Best Looks
Check out the Leaderboards to see which looks have been doing well in Look Battles.
Vote On Looks
In the Look Battles, your vote determines which looks are on top of the leaderboard. Two random looks
are pitted against eachother and you just have to choose which one you like better! The system is
completely independent from Medals and Comments, which are there to offer feedback about each look
Why do I have to register?
If you just want to search for and view look pages, you don't need to register. Registration is
required for sharing looks of your own, commenting on looks, and rating looks.
How do medal votes work?
Medal votes now work based on sliders for five categories:
- Armor Mix: How do the armor pieces chosen look?
- Dye Choices: How do the dyes chosen look?
- Originality: Is this look creative or have you seen many looks similar to it already?
- Screenshots: Does this look page have nice screenshots?
- Description: Did the person write a nice description for their look and specify what they're using?
Slide the slider to the left for a "no-medal" score, and to the right for a "gold-medal" score. You can also
move the slider by clicking on the slider's track where you want the slider to go. The medal
awarded is the average of your votes for each of the categories. The goal of this system is to give look
owners better feedback about their looks. When you visit the look page of a look you own, instead of
being able to vote you will see disabled sliders showing your average scores in each category.
What happens to medal votes from the old system?
Votes from the old system are preserved and simply assume equal weight for each category: a gold medal
vote from before will show all the sliders maxed, while a no-medal vote will show all the sliders on the left, and
silver and bronze medals will show the sliders at positions in-between. This means that when the change goes live,
older looks will see every category's average as whatever medal their look has earned. Over time,
and especially for new looks, we expect the categories to differentiate themselves
as people vote using the new system.
Why aren't my medal votes being saved?
New accounts and votes that would give a low score are required to leave a comment before their vote
is saved. The goal of these restrictions is to give look owners better feedback about how they can improve.
Do I always have to upload my images to imgur first?
Yes. GW2 Style does not host your images, we just make it easy for you to share them!
My look has a gold medal! Why am I not on the Leaderboard?
Leaderboard standings are determined by how looks perform in Look Battles.
That logo looks familiar...
Our logo is based on the skill icon for Holy Veil from GW1. RIP monks!
I have a comment or question!
Get in touch using our contact form.
This site is currently still under development. Please report any problems you encounter, or any
suggestions you may have with our contact form.
This is a Fansite
GW2 Style is a GuildWars 2 fansite. We are in no way affiliated with GuildWars 2, ArenaNet, or
NCsoft. We will never ask for any information pertaining to your GuildWars 2 or NCsoft accounts. All
in-game images, content and information are the property of ArenaNet. For more information or to
purchase the game, visit the official GuildWars 2 website.
Support The Site
What is Karma?
Karma is GW2 Style's measure of your activity on the site. It is displayed to logged-in users on the
top-right corner of all pages. Your karma determines the title displayed on your profile and when
you leave a comment, but the exact number of karma you have is shown only to you.
How do I gain Karma?
In general, you will earn karma just by interacting with the site as usual. Karma is awarded as
- Signing up for an account starts you off with 1 karma point.
- Submitting a look to the site gives you 5 karma points.
- You get an additional bonus 1 karma point if you also specified the armor used in that
- Completing your profile gives you 10 karma points. Your profile is complete when you've updated
your avatar, filled in a short biography, selected your home server, shared a look, and follwed
at least one user.
- Leaving a comment on a look gives you 2 karma points.
- You get an additional bonus 1 karma point if that look was 'help wanted.'
- You get an additional bonus 1 karma point if you were one of the first 5 comments for that
How do I lose Karma?
- 1 karma point is lost if you vote 'No Medal' on a look without leaving a comment on that look.
If you think a look is very bad, please take a moment to comment with suggestions for how it
could be improved. The order of actions does not matter - if you've lost karma for voting 'No
medal' on a look you can regain that karma by leaving a comment now. You can use the Activity Log to review your past actions on the site.
- 5 karma points are lost if site admins delete a comment you've left. Constructive negative
criticism is absolutely welcome; personal attacks are going to cost you.
- If a look you commented on is deleted, you will lose the karma you gained for posting your comment to that look.
This was a design decision made to prevent abuse, but we hope to be able to re-award that karma with a future update.
Titles let other users know how active you are on the site. Most of them are based on how your karma
score compares to other users of the site. The cutoff points for earning titles are calculated
||All new accounts begin with this title
||Karma score of 20 or higher
||Your karma score is in the top 25% of all Stylists
||Your karma score is in the top 10% of Stylists
||Your karma score is in the top 5% of all Stylists
||Your karma score is in the top 1% of all Stylists
||Site Admins use this title
||Special title to thank those who donate to the site (note that this title is updated
manually and does not appear instantly after donating)
Look Posting Guidelines
Look pages are for sharing looks with the community. Here are some guidelines:
Your character should not be naked
- Just holding a weapon is not sufficient
- Skimpy armor is fine
Your look's title and description should not be offensive
- Avoid terms like "sexy" and "slutty"
- Don't mention real-life things that might offend people
- Use common sense and if you have any doubts about what you can post, assume that the
moderator viewing your look has no sense of humor :)
Each look page should be dedicated to a single outfit
- For group photos, give each member of the group their own look page
- If your character uses multiple sets of armor, create individual look pages for each set
rather than combining them all into one look page
- Sharing multiple variations of an outfit in one look page is fine (for example, you could
show that you sometimes use a different helmet, or post a help wanted look asking which dye
scheme to go with)
Help Wanted looks should include some idea of what you want help with
- Use the look's description to ask specific questions that the community can weigh in on
The focus of the page should be sharing a specific GW2 look
- Links to guild websites/blogs/reddit posts/contests/youtube videos/twitch streams/etc are
fine to include as long as the focus of the look page is a specific look.
Note to those using SweetFX/GemFX/ReShade or Photoshopping
- While not required, we strongly recommend sharing at least one additional image without special effects
- Look Battles will soon be limited to exclude looks that have main images that have been altered from how they appear in the base game. Such looks will not be eligible for the leaderboard.
How to Enter
First, ensure that your look's main image shows your look the way it would be seen in-game by players not using any external programs or shaders:
- Disable SweetFX/GemFX/ReShade or any other add-ons that modify colors or textures
- Other than to do simple cropping, don't edit the image with another program after you take the screenshot
- No adjusting colors
- No adding filters
- No adding text or logos
- No additional borders or effects on the background
- No combining multiple views of a character into one image
- You must actually be wearing the armor, preview-screens are not allowed.
If your look's main image meets the requirements, enter it into the battles by checking the "I wish to enter the Look Battles" box on the edit look page.
Note: edits and effects you add to any images in the additional images section are completely allowed and do not change your eligibility for the look battles.
How to Vote
Go to the Look Battles page and decide which of the images you see is better. Click on the one you like or vote using the left/right arrow keys. On devices with touchscreens, tap the "vote" button under the image you prefer. After your vote is recorded, we'll show you your vote at the bottom of the page and you can click on the images to go to the full look.
Since we switched to an opt-in system, looks from before the switch are by default NOT opted-in. You may opt-in (or out) at any time - your look battle score will be preserved. Older looks that don't meet the new requirements must change their main image to meet the requirements before opting in.
Reporting a Violation
If you see a look that is in the Look Battles or on the Leaderboard but doesn't follow the rules, use the report button on the look's main image and it will be reviewed.
What Are Cookies
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
Third Party Cookies
The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you.
For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
The CloudFlare service we use to accelerate our site uses a cookie to identify trusted machines. More information about this cookie can be found at this CloudFlare support article.
We hope that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site. However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through our contact form.